In 1912, Monarch Oil originated as the Berlin Oil & Grease Company, handling Monarch Brand Lubricants and served the urban and rural areas of Berlin, now Kitchener, Ontario.
In 1916, Bill Burns changed the name of his company to Monarch Oil Company to coincide with the name change of the community of Berlin to Kitchener. The business was operated successfully with the help of a partner, R.H. Hodgins, and was eventually taken over by a company known as E.D. Weber Oils & Greases.
In 1939, Mr. Weber sold the business to his son Bruce Weber who was also to become Mayor of the City of Kitchener for a term.
The company, now Monarch Oil (Kitchener) Limited has had several homes since its beginning, starting on Breithaupt St., then King St. East, Adam St. and finally in 1952 to its present location at 808 Victoria St. North.
In 1985 Bruce Weber sold his business to a group of his employees who today supply an extensive line of quality branded and unbranded lubricants, solvents, chemicals, antifreeze, filters, metal working fluids, food grade lubricants, specialty products, cleaning supplies, maintenance supplies and lubrication equipment; some of them in quantities as small as an aerosol can to as much as a tank truck delivery; for the automotive, farm, heavy duty fleet and industrial markets.
The location is ideally suited at the corner of Bruce and Victoria Streets bordering the Conestoga Parkway (Hwy 85) and has convenient access for customer pick-ups, as well as incoming and outgoing deliveries. The Kitchener-Waterloo, Elmira, Guelph and Cambridge areas are serviced on a daily basis and customers in other areas as required.
The support staff at Monarch Oil is dedicated to meeting the needs and expectations of its customers by supplying the highest quality products and services in a competitive, timely, safe, and environmentally responsible manner.